Explain Hunger Action Month...
September is Hunger Action Month, when we ask everyone in America to take action to fight hunger in their community, all month long. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Americans than ever before. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, individuals can find the way that’s right for them to make a difference during Hunger Action Month. Join us this September for Hunger Action Month because, Together We Can Solve Hunger™.
Help spread the message!
TAKE ACTION TO HELP SOLVE HUNGER
Take Action Online:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF™ by making your Facebook and Twitter profiles orange on Hunger Action Day, Thursday, September 4th.
- DONATE your status and share your local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter.
- LIKE & FOLLOW the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and Feeding America on social media.
- PLEDGE your support for the more than 1 in 5 kids in the United States who face hunger by sending an email to your Congressional Representative using Feeding America's easy to use form.
- INVITE your Member of Congress to visit a child feeding program here at the Foodbank. Congressional visits shine a spotlight on the role food banks play in solving child hunger.
Take Action In Your Community:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF™ by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day. Share a picture of your orange style socially by using the hashtag #HungerAction.
- VOLUNTEER at the Foodbank and be part of the hunger-relief solution. Share a picture of your volunteer experience on social media with the hashtag #HungerAction.
Hunger Action Month Tool Kit:
Thanks to our Hunger Action Month Partners...
Start A Food & Fund Drive
Start your team today and become a Hunger Action Month Hero! Spread awareness about hunger in our community and assist the Foodbank in providing food to those who struggle with hunger.
Encourage family, friends and co-workers to start a team or contribute to your team's Online Food and Fund Drive. Once you have created your page, don't forget to share the message on social media and use #HungerAction to promote it.
Or, you can contribute to the Foodbank's Hunger Action Page listed under the team roster and help feed children, seniors and families in our region...TODAY.
Together We Can Solve Hunger™.