Paper Plate Campaign
Everybody has a Story to Share….
Fill out a paper plate and share it with us. Tell us about yourself, about how the recession has affected you and your family and what the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia means to you.
Please tag the back of the plate with your name and ZIP code so that they it can be sent to the correct elected official.
Sample questions to answer:
- “How has the recession affected you?”
- “How is the food you receive important to you and your family?”
- “Why do you come to the food pantry, soup kitchen or shelter?”
- “What would you like your elected officials to know about hunger?”
- “What would happen if the help (food, SNAP benefits, etc.) you receive was cut?”
- “What does the Foodbank mean to our community?”
- “Why do you support the Foodbank?”
How to share your story...
Please submit your plate by one of the following methods:
Deliver or mail to:
Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia
800 Tidewater Drive
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
Email a picture of your plate (please include first name and zip code) to:
Marianne Smith Vargas firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view recent submissions.
Keep up to date on what's going on at the Foodbank on Facebook and Twitter.