Child Nutrition Coordinator
Make a difference and help us lead the effort to eliminate hunger in our community. The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore (FSEVA) through its Partner Agencies and Programs distributed over 15.5 million meals to those who struggle with hunger in our region last year. We are an inclusive and socially active organization serving a diverse community encompassing 11 cities and counties in Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Our vision is a hunger-free community.
The Child Nutrition Coordinator is an important member of our Child Nutrition Program team. This position reports to the Foodbank’s Child Nutrition Manager. This position will coordinate and assist in managing all Child Nutrition outreach programs including Kids Cafe and BackPack sites and their relationship with the Foodbank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates Child Nutrition outreach programs, including Kids Cafe and BackPack sites, and their relationship with the Foodbank.
• Assists with all aspects of the CACFP and Summer Feeding Programs.
• Aids in purchasing of food for the Child Nutrition Programs.
• Creates menus, pick tickets and invoices for the Kids Cafe sites.
• Assists with creating pick tickets and invoices for the BackPack sites.
• Enters data for monthly reports, confirming accuracy before they're submitted, providing onsite training (as needed) for Kids Cafe staff to increase accuracy.
• Provides nutrition education and recipes for the Mobile Pantry Program.
• Assists with the Child Nutrition Advisory Council and Food Safety Committee.
• Works with the Healthy Eating & Active Living workgroup to ensure partnership and grant stability.
• Prepares monthly Kids Cafe and BackPack handouts to distribute to sites.
• Provides nutrition education classes at Kids Cafe sites in addition to recruiting volunteers to provide onsite nutrition education.
• Monitoring of Kids Cafe sites to ensure compliance with Feeding America and USDA rules and regulations, as well as food safety guidelines.
• Supervise volunteers involved in Child Nutrition Programs during tasks/assignments and show/share responsibility for the overall volunteer experience at the Foodbank.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition.
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
• Relevant work experience in child feeding programs.
• Demonstrated ability and comfort in speaking before large groups.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines.
• An ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• 2 years of demonstrated experience as a supervisor or volunteer coordinator.
• Regional travel for inspections required.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following when working in the office or warehouse environment:
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds when handling donations, documents and files in a mixed warehouse and office environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while working with documents, computer screens, and filing.
• Regularly required to talk and hear when communicating with employees, donors, and clients.
• The use of hands and fingers are necessary to handle or feel documents and keyboards.
How to apply: If this sounds like the opportunity for you to serve our community and help solve hunger, please send your resume and salary history to email@example.com.